Fast Load Times
At what point during page load are you displaying your social tools? Provide your users with a quick page launch by loading your social widget at the end. This prevents long wait periods and keeps your users happy and engaged with your content. To ensure that your content always load first, the ShareThis widget code defaults to this setting. In addition, there is an option to load the ShareThis widget at the very end, after all your ads, plugins and data intensive elements have loaded.
Multi-Post Sign In
Users often share to multiple social channels. Provide the sign-in options that work best for your site. Using Open Authorization allows users to share to multiple social channels at the same time without having to leave your site. ShareThis publishers, such as The Daily Beast, employ this sign-in option on their site.
I hope the Best Practices for Publishers series was helpful and informative. Again, here is a recap of what you’ve learned.
Increase Social Engagement on your site.
1. Use the right social tool Form Factor for your website
2. Place buttons in locations where users can easily share your content.
3. Ensure that your social channel buttons match your content
4. Use sharing tools that are HTML5 compatible to ensure sharing capabilities on all your websites.
Promote Your Message
1. Use Twitter “via @ “ option and Facebook Subscribe to gain more followers.
2. Encourages users to interact with your brand with actionable messages.
3. Showcase popular content on your site to gain more page views .
4. Use Open-Graph to ensure the correct title, description and image of shares.
1. Analyze your social data to evaluate the effectiveness of your social strategies.
2. Create relevant content to keep your users engaged and drive more traffic to your site.
Save Users Time
1. Make sure that your social tools load at the end of the page to prevent long wait periods.
2. Use Open Authorization to share to multiple social channels at once.